Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Princess Tacky Sparkle





Check out the eyeliner on this kid. My mom wouldn't let me wear eye liner until I was 13. How do you put eyeliner on a toddler anyway? I couldn't even get Ashur to swallow bubblegum flavored antibiotics at that age.

Since I gripped so much about Kathmandu last week. I'm going to try and talk about something I like. When I was a kid, my little sister Christy (or it might have been PJ) had this princess game. It came with rings, necklaces, braclets and a crown. You were supposed to collect all of the accessories and then you'd win the game. Sometimes that's how I feel when I'm getting ready for work. Here even babies were a lot of eye makeup. I get to wear sparkley, golden bangles with rainbow colored beads. I get to put the equivalent of stick-on earrings in the middle of my forehead. I also get to wear brightly colored, sequin-studded outfits. I could never get away with dressing up like this at home, but for now I'm a pretty pretty princess. There is a festival going on right now where single girls get henna tattoos and wear green bangles. Writtu is taking me to her friends to draw henna on me so when I come home I should still be all hennaed up. We also have tea all day, which is a very princess thing to do.

P.S. You know that 4,725 dollars I got to pay for education from AmeriCorps. Well the government is sneaky, and even though you have to use it for school, it shows up as income on your taxes. UALR accepted the use of my AmeriCorps award for the fall so I shouldn't have to pay any taxes on it since it shows up as income, and it's the only income I've had all year. I beat the man.

Someone is blasting "Sweet Child of Mine" and I want Virginia to do the Axle Rose dance.

David's in Minnesota at Franconia Sculpture Park trying to finish his sculpture before August 3rd so wish him luck.

Jed calls Isabella "Joe baby" Joe "Joe daddy" and Joe's dad "Joe papa".

I think a lot of people read this blog, but haven't ever commented on it. It would be cool to see who's reading it, so go ahead and tell me hi. If you have to leave an anonymous comment, just sign you name at the bottom. I want to see who else cares about princess tacky sparkle and her magical adventures.

6 comments:

Christin said...

i'd forgotten about that game, but my sister also had Pretty, Pretty Princess! and that eyeliner is crazy. i think she might actually be wearing more than i wear in the states.

Elizabeth Spann said...

I used to play Pretty Pretty Princess with these kids I babysat. Hoorah!

katandkarl said...

pretty pretty princess chandle. :)

Anonymous said...

i'm reading. i tried to put eyeliner on once. my mom said i looked like a hooker. so, i have stayed away from it.

Anonymous said...

I read you blog everyday .... I've really enjoyed reading about your 'travels'. I'm looking forward to talking to you face to face amount fine details .... especially about the 'toilet paper' and that lovely parasite.

Ed (David's Cousin)

Chandle said...

Hooray for comments. You guys are great. See, I had no idea Ed was reading my blog. Hi, Ed.