Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I want to be around to watch the Southern kick in



Yesterday I said "Y'all have to help me eat all these mangoes." Later I said "The traffic's been backed up a ways." Oh Arkansas, how I miss you.
I'm really busy, so I'm just going to post a picture of me at work today. I got to interview 4 kids at the Basundhara DIC close to my house. I have to interview 41 kids by August 2nd and turn their interviews into stories, work with an organization called Room to Read to turn some of those stories into a children's book, Edit a report by the Alliance Against Child Labor and help them with their strategic plan, write the Literature Review and the Methodology for the School Health Report and a final paper for the Clinton School all by August 4th, when I will arrive in Little Rock at 11pm. Get 'er done (okay, that was too Southern)

P.S. you know how advertisements on gmail and photobucket cater directly to you? Lately I see advertisements like "get rid of nasty parasites" and "Big women are beautiful" I think the internet gods think I have a very strange eating disorder.

1 comment:

Mari said...

Chan-del: I can only say how much I wish there was someone who spoke English here so that I could reference some funny southern sayings, but no one speaks English not even the English teacher! Hah! Instead, I try to explain various things about the south, but they are just not the same in Spanish. I miss you chica, but I think you look good, funny parasites or not!