Monday, July 23, 2007

It's over



I finished the Deathly Hallows and it's my new favorite HP book. J.K. Rowling is amazing. Now I just have to find something free to occupy me the next 11 days so I have enough money to pay the airport 25 dollars to get out of here.

Just for fun, list your favorite Harry Potter book and your favorite favorite book.

I'm a little embarrassed, but I think my favorite real book is Ash Wednesday by Ethan Hawke (he's a wonderful writer, okay and it's the sweetest thing David ever gave me, thanks for borrowing it, Cody, and spilling your entire water bottle on it.) or All my Friends are Going to be Strangers by Larry McMurtry, I'm all about those first person, character books. My favorite used to be the Catcher in the Rye, but I think that makes me a disturbed person or something.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh chandle I can't believe that you are coming home already it seems like you just left. Thanks so much for the postcard, Sorry it has been so long since you have heard from me work and family keeps me busy> I think of you and hope everything is as you want and hope for big hugs n kisses
love christina

Elizabeth Spann said...

So jealous you are done with HP! I'm on my way, baby!
Favorite HP: Prisoner of Azkaban, probably, although this one is lookin' like it might win...!
Favorite all-time: The Outsiders or To Kill a Mockingbird. Can't help but love the jr. high classics. :)

Elizabeth Spann said...

PS, I'm quite certain I saw flames shoot out of your mouth when Cody spilled that bottle of water. And maybe your head spin around. ;) He'll never forget the fear.

Hee, hee.

Leah Billings said...

I'm not even halfway through, but I'm pretty sure this HP is gonna be my number one. My other is Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky. The syntax blows me away everytime I read it...and it's a good story too...very deep.

melissa said...

i haven't started the deathly hallows yet because i've been so f-ing busy that i know i won't be able to devote to it the time it deserves until like a week from now. so until then, my favorite harry potter book is probably the goblet of fire. i love the tri-wizard tournament. i can't help myself. : ) and my favorite book of all time is ishmael by daniel quinn. it changed my life.

Anonymous said...

I spilled water on that freakin' book in an attempt to drown out the whining that Ethan Hawke did in that book. P.S. You also dress like a boy, and I did not...I repeat NOT...run away. Jesus still loves you...