Tuesday, July 17, 2007

17 days and counting


Yes, Flat Stanley is standing above a Nepalese "toilet" The bucket of water is your "toilet paper"



I'm doing much better today. No more psycho-anger. I had to be at work 2 hours early so we could get some interviews, but now we only have eight kids left to interview. I did find out yesterday that I have to make a lot of edits to the stories I've written and some edits to the School health report. Everyone's been busy, so they didn't get a chance to look at my work until now and they want the tone of some of the case stories to be more interesting. I am also attending an event on Saturday and listening to child laborers ,who have attended CWISH Self-employment classes talk about what they've learned. CWISH liked my newsletter so much that they want me to write another one for this event, but it should only be a couple of pages. All of this should definitely take me the 17 days I have left. I also need to take more flat Stanley pictures, pack and finish my final paper for the Clinton School by the time I leave. Hallelujah, hot water, pizza, beer, chocolate, trash receptacles, toilet paper, hamburgers, safe drinking water, lunch, mattresses, toilets that aren't a hole in the floor, and good friends here I come!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Glad you're feeling better, Miss Chandle! US Pizza and Fat Tire will be waiting for you upon your return...!

thedavidcarpenter said...

Whats up with the craps? I made it to your blog this was a long fight to get here, somethings are just so diffcult more me I hate it. Like ice cube said today was a good day i did not even have to use my ak today was a goodday. this my dear is what I hope you today. I hope mama cook the breakfeast with no hog.