Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Momos and Peacocks




I went out last night for a going away party for Linda, a Czechoslovakian film maker. I had a really good time and a person even put on a giant peacock costume and terrorized everyone in the restaurant. Tuesday is a power outage day in Basundhara, so it was really nice to be out. Tonight's another power outage day, but I have a flashlight and "A Tale of Two Cities". I'm in the single digits now with 9 days to go until I start flying home. Notice the picture of my favorite Nepalese food with Flat Stanley, vegetable momos. The little pot is what they put rice wine in at the restaurant. It's a lot like vodka. They just kept giving it to us for free. Horray Nepal.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Sign me up for some momos and rice wine when you return! Teach me, oh wise traveler! ;)

melissa said...

on the real! liking obscure foreign food will make me seem smarter so i want to try some momos. plus, it's fun to say. MOMOS.

Leah Billings said...

Is Nepalese food along the lines of Indian food or is it its own thing?

P.S. The momos DO look tasty.