Monday, June 11, 2007

Welcome to trivial pursiut pop culture (90s edition) or Kathmandu edition

1.What popular hair accessory (along with the scrunchie) graced the manes of most preteen girls in the United States in the 90s, and currently is seen all over Kathmandu?

2.What two music icons started the rap and grunge movements in the United States in the 90s and also died in the 90s, but currently are alive and well in Kathmandu?

3.What verb was used to describe using the internet in the 90s, but is still frequently used in Kathmandu?

4.What popular sitcom from the 90s featured the hit song “I’ll be there for you” and is being shown in real time on Star world in Kathmandu? (and is one of the only things I like to watch on Nepalese tv)
scroll down for the answers, b/c they're such tough questions.







1. Clippies 2. Tupac and Kurt Cobain 3. Surf 4. Friends

4 comments:

Leah Billings said...

Sweet! I got them all right. I'm a genius!!

Anonymous said...

I got them all right!! and I am ashamed to admit that I am wearing a clippie right now.... but I am just at my house so it is kinda okay.

Chandle said...

I am too, but it's the height of fashion.

Elizabeth Spann said...

That place sounds awesome.
When I was in the Netherlands, the only show in English they had (besides CNN, which you can only take SO much of...) was "Seventh Heaven." Katie and I would take our Pepsis and sit in there every day getting our dose of English. Beautiful.

Makes me real happy Tupac is thriving over there. Real, real happy. Do you sing along and show them how you can FLOW?