Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bus of Doom

I just had to post the picture of the babies hugging.


So I'm in Pokhara, using my skype b/c it's on the computers here. This is awesome. I can now call my parents and David for cheap and upload photos. I'm waiting for a video to load, but it's taking forever.

The guys at the hotel made a little money off of me by putting me on a local bus instead of a tourist bus. I didn't know this until I was the only foreigner and people were climbing on the roof. Driving 70 mph, passing other buses around blind curves on a mountain allows you to think about the real important things in life like, how effective would micro loan lending be in Nepal, what do I want to do when I graduate, and what was the name of that kid in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom that always said "Mr. Jones, Mr. Jones?" Was that movie filmed here? It looks like it, and the irony that Indiana saves all the child laborers at the end is too much.

My grandma and my mom say to "stop losing weight" but a kid pointed to me several times yesterday and said "fat, fat, fat." I don't know who to believe.

Tomorrow I'm watching the sunrise over the Himalayas and doing some shopping. Taking a week to see the countryside was a great idea. I'm also planning to go "pony trekking" up to the World Peace Pagoda, seeing David's Falls, visiting the bat cave (full of hundreds of Nepalese bats, no Bruce Wayne here), and canoeing on Nepal's biggest lake.

No comments: