Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Here kitty kitty


I went to the Doctor yesterday. I don’t want to go into details, but the alien prognosis was pretty close. David thinks it’s hardcore, I think it’s gross. Mostly I just sleep all day and eat as little as possible. I can’t go to work for a couple of days so I’m just cooped up in my room wishing my stomach would stop hurting. Did I mention I come home in 39 days?
At 3am I woke up to loud rustling in my 8x8 room. You have to understand, there is one door and two windows. No one else is ever in my room and I live on the fourth floor. I closed my eyes really tight and hoped I was dreaming and then there wasn’t just rustling, but crashing. I jumped up, switched on the light, and hoped up on the nightstand. One second later a stray cat ran out from under my bed to under my chair. I have no idea how it got into my room, but I was definitely glad it wasn’t a rat. I spent the next 10 minutes trying to shoo it out the window b/c I’m so allergic to cats that I break out in hives when I touch them, and I don’t need another rash.
A big thanks goes out to Dr. Adhikhari for figuring out what was wrong with me and giving me the medicine to kill it, literally.
P.S. Kimmy P., remember when we were joking about the weight loss opportunities of living in a country with parasites? So not funny now

5 comments:

Mari said...

Chan-del: You poor thing honey. I feel your pain right now. I think we should get a medal or something. Definitely extra credit at least. Maybe we shouldn't have to take our other elective either! I have to go to the clinic now to see whether the constant burning of wood near my house has given me bronchial pnemonia so rest up and avoid anything that could have worms in it! Oh wait that's everything there. Oh well, what can I say, but good luck!

Elizabeth Spann said...

Ooooooh my Chandle. I'm tellin' ya... if it's going to happen to ANYONE in the world, it's going to happen to you. You're one tough chick. Sorry you're feeling poopy. Much love!! Feel better!

Chandle said...

Thanks for the love guys. Mari, bronchial pnemonia!? Get well soon, we need to introduce these countries to a little thing called a gas stove.

Anonymous said...

yikes! i'm so sorry chandle. i hope you get better soon.

Anonymous said...

chandle happy to know you are feeling better keep up the blog is great to read when you have a day off and nothing to do in oregon
love christina