Friday, June 22, 2007

Know when to Hold 'em, Know when to Fold 'em








I went horseback riding to the World Peace Pagoda, Devi's Falls and a cave with a really long name. The horse I was on was named Rogers, but he was white and had grayish-white hair so I kept accidentally calling him Kenny, like Kenny Rogers. Well, it was extremely hot and Kenny Rogers wanted nothing to do with me or a pony trek. He kept trying to turn around and run back home. He stopped countless times and the guide (who was on foot!) had to try and pull Kenny Rogers up the mountain. The only time the horse walked fast was when he was trying to run away, and when we were almost home.

The views were great, but halfway up, my arms broke out in a rash I can only hope is from the heat. If I have a weird parasite or something, i will not be happy. Halfway down my stomach started to retaliate, and by the time I got back to the hotel, all I could do was sleep for three hours. I wake up to a colony of ants all over everything. Little, bitty, red ants that sting are currently on everything I own, so I told the guy at the desk and got out of there. I'm going to take it easy tomorrow. I wish you a rash-free weekend.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

MAN, I didn't get to check in on you for a few days, and I missed so much!!! Sorry I didn't have the magical thing called internet. Your pictures are amazing. Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

I'm overwhelmed trying to catch up with all of your adventures as well as the others on other continents. You could have nicknamed the horse Terry "Rogers". Kenny is cool and all but.... :) Anyway, pics are great. It's beautiful there but I'm trippin on how tough it is on you physically. I commend you. Please, dont bring any of those diseases back. LOL. Totally kidding. That is SOOO NOT funny.

Chandle said...

Horray, Terry. You're right, Terry Rogers would have been a much better name.