Monday, June 04, 2007

Stage fright


Okay, so I'm sort of nervous b/c I start interviewing the kids today. Smriti is going with me and she has to translate the child's native language into Nepali and then into English and I have to write that down. It seems a little tedious, but I'm more worried about holding the kids attention while we mess with the technicalities.

I'm really excited about my trip in a couple of weeks. I'm staying in a hotel with air conditioning!!!!! I also get to give the elephants a bath, and ride the elephants on a jungle safari, and see the elephant breeding center w/ baby elephants. Elephants to the third power. I then get to go to Pokhara and visit a cave full of vampire bats, ride horses, and take trips out on the lake. All of this, with food and accommodations is under $250. I'm using a travel guide Shanti knows so if anything happens, like another bandh, he can help me out.

I also emailed Jenne from Peacework and she says she knows of another volunteer coming at the end of June. I don't like being the only clueless person in the room; I need another one to bond with. Well, my Internet time is running out and I need to go get lost on the way to the drop in center. Love you, guys.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Don't worry, Chandle. You're endlessly entertaining to adults and children alike, so I have no doubts that will translate across language barriers! Let us know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

I miss you, but things are good here. I have three new roommates and that is good. We all went to Cirque Du Soleil at Altell Arena the other night and ended up sitting by Wes. The Hold Steady and Cory Branan/Ben Nichols are going to be in Little Rock next week, stinks that you can't be there. I think I am going to get my Paste mag with the Hold Steady on the cover signed... maybe I might feel to dorky. Anyway, I'm glad your doing well.