Thursday, August 02, 2007

Drink it up boys it's my last night in town



For your viewing pleasure, here is a live chicken tied to a bicycle and me in a polka dot dress.
I'm going out to dinner with some people from work. I truly believe that CWISH is a phenomenal organization. They are one of the best NGOs with which I've had the pleasure of working. I can't believe tomorrow is my last day in Kathmandu. It's been a crazy summer. I'm going to try and stay up really late so I can get a head start on the time change. Yeah right, 12 hours is just too much. I also like to refer to the plane as the Delorean, since I am actually going back in time. I'm flying or in an airport for 30 hours, but it's all worth it because I get to go out to dinner with David at the end of it where he can tell me all about his FINISHED sculpture. That's going to be the news of the year people. David is finishing his sculpture tomorrow or Friday.


In other news, Rocky waits for David's dad's tomatos to get ripe and then eats them right off the vine. They haven't picked a single tomato since Rocky's been there. We own one strange pooch.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Don't run out of uranium and/or break the flux capaciter on your trip home. Cause you'll get stuck there, and I just won't have that! Come home, Chandle! You did a great job this summer, we're all proud!

Leah Billings said...

Hooray!! You'll be back very soon! I know you're spending some time in Siloam first, but let us know as soon as you decide to head to LR and we'll party for sure!

p.s. Love the dress. It looks like the perfect thing to wear out for a lovely dinner in Chicago. Safe travels. Love you!

kristen said...

i can't believe you are coming home. can't wait to hang out.

melissa said...

hooray! when you get back to little rock we'll have to have a formal introduction. : ) have a safe trip!