Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Working girl


I started my Capstone yesterday. I am determining a need for independent living services in Mississippi and Craighead county. That's up by Jonesboro. After that, I am going to survey providers and consumers of IL services. After that, I am going to try and write some legislation to provide funding for those services. It's a lot of work, but someone's got to do it. This map shows what areas are covered by IL services in gray and which areas are not covered in white. Arkansas could use a little help. We have one of the highest percentages of persons with disabilities in the US. We are the 3rd highest for people over 65, the 4th highest for people between the ages of 21 and 64 and the second highest for people between the ages of five and 20.

2 comments:

La said...

Chands, you're so awesome. Send me a copy of your report when you're done (or at least the executive summary). I'd be interested in learning more.

Anonymous said...

Chandle keep up the great work and say hello to the family.
Have Fun
love christina