Thursday, August 09, 2007

Siloam Extravaganza







Hey everyone,
I'm a bad bad blogger. I've been so busy catching up, unpacking, seeing family, emailing, reading 3 months of mail and eating good food. I had a great time in Siloam and got to see everyone in my family. My mom also made a really great dinner with corn, mashed potatoes, fried chicken and chocolate pie. It was fun to see the kids, but 3 kids under 6, a swimming pool and jet lag can really wear a girl out.

I went to Little Rock Animal Services and adopted a corgi mix. I get him tomorrow, after he's gone to the vet. He's quiet and playful and calm. He's also about 2 years old. I'm not sure what to name him yet, but maybe Brutus or Rooster. David is still trying to find a place to live. He has to go down to Baton Rouge on Friday and he's probably coming back one last time to see my (short) presentation. If anyone wants to see what the students were up to this summer, you can come by the school from 9am to 1pm to watch. It is amazingly wonderful to be back in Little Rock. It really feels like home.

2 comments:

melissa said...

yum yum yum! nothing says welcome home like a home-cooked meal, huh?

Elizabeth Spann said...

Hoorah for being home. And yay for Brutus, Rooster, or Boomer. ;)