Monday, August 27, 2007

I will slim down....


I joined weight watchers online last Tuesday. I have already lost 4.5 pounds. I've finally figured out what to eat and what not to eat, and I honestly think I will stick with it. I'm really short on cash so not going out to eat is a health and financial benefit. I made a really great low fat recipe for creamy herb pasta and here it is:

Ingredients

  • 4 medium shallot(s), peeled and left whole
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 8 oz silken tofu, about 1 cup
  • 1/2 cup watercress, tough stems removed
  • 1/4 cup parsley, flat leaf variety, leaves only
  • 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
  • 9 cup cooked whole-wheat spaghetti, kept hot

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 450°F.
  • Place shallots on a large sheet of aluminum foil. Bring four corners of foil together to make an open pouch. Pour oil over shallots and pinch foil ends together to close pouch; place on a baking sheet. Roast for 25 minutes. Carefully remove pouch from oven, open and let shallots cool (use oven mitts and keep face away from pouch when opening).
Put tofu, watercress and parsley in a blender and blend on low for 20 seconds; scrape down sides of container with a spoon. Add lemon juice and roasted shallots. Blend on high for 30 seconds and scrape down sides of container with a spoon; season to taste with salt and pepper. Blend on low for 20 seconds more; serve over spaghetti. Yields about 1 1/2 cups of spaghetti and 1/2 cup of sauce per serving.

This was easy to make, and tasted great. It only has 6 points a serving.

The school stress is kicking in. I realized today that I have 3 months to find statistics, create a survey, conduct focus groups and an independent living training, create a business plan and write a report. If anything though, I learned this summer that I can do a lot more than I think I can.
Boomer is completely obsessed with playing catch. He wants to do it all day long, so here is a cute picture of him trying to get me to quit typing. That's it, I'm boring. I hope your life is more entertaining.

1 comment:

melissa said...

congrats on the almost 5 pounds! i must do the same. i look okay in clothes... but otherwise kind of yucky. : )