Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Moving right along


We got David moved into his new apartment in Baton Rouge this weekend. He hasn't had his own place (that wasn't full of sculptures) in a few years. It's a nice little apartment. We also found a couch for 20 bucks. The guy who sold it to us said he hoped we weren't staying long, that Baton Rouge was not the best place to live. Nice to know.

I joined weight watchers online today. I'm going to try and lose weight digitally. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to go to the meetings.

I started my final semester last night. I think I might be a total freak, because I'm actually excited about my public policy analysis class. We get to do a group project evaluating and giving recommendations to children international. It sounds like fun to me. I'm also meeting with Angela at Arkansas Independent Living Services to talk about my Capstone. Hooray, I'm on my way to graduation. 3 months and 20 something days until I can get a real job.

Interesting things to report on the drive to Louisiana:
There is an injury attorney in Mississippi named Chuck Norris. I bet he roundhouses the competition.
We drove through Moscow and Transylvania, which both sound a lot cooler than they really are.
Even though it seems impossible, it's actually hotter than Arkansas. I know we are all feeling a little relief with the temperatures finally in the 90s over here. I'm pretty sure Baton Rouge is over the gateway to hell, anyway, here's to moving there!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Nice couch, Davey- good find! You and Rocky will be very happy there. :D GOOD LUCK with school! You'll be great.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Good luck to BOTH of you guys, I mean.