Thursday, June 29, 2006

Mother Nature sucks



So you remember those riparian buffers we were weeding? Well the incessant rain on the east coast has turned them into flat piles of leaves, fence and poles. We had to fix them today. Mother Nature, I am not impressed. We are trying to stop erosion, and you just keep it coming. All the deer climb in the broken fence and eat the good plants, like they are better than the million other plants in the forest. Deer don't make any sense.

Yesterday I beat Nick Hull at arm wrestling. I will post this cinematic achievement in it's original video format soon. It was roughly the equivalent of Britney Spears Vs. Kevin Federline (spell check tried to make this "fatherless" HA) . I won hands down. Pun intended. We have 3 or 4 more work days before we head back to DC. Maybe the flooding will have resided.

I watched High Fidelity the other day. Lets all make top 5 list posts

Give me your top five things that make" right now" great:
1.I am in love with my soul mate, and he loves me back.
2.My nephews are precious: see exhibit A
3.I am listening to the talking heads right now and they kick butt.
4.The guy on the Panera intercom just called for Justin, and then did a little beat boxing into the microphone.
5. It's not raining!

EXHIBIT A:




Resume regular life ticker: 21 days

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Good post Chandle! You make me happy! Can't wait for you to return to regular life again too! So, so soon! Much, much love.

Leah Billings said...

Sooo excited for your return! Ashur looks like a six year old!! When did he get so big?