Saturday, June 10, 2006

Foster Diaz and Mozambique




David and I had a blast looking at dogs online the other day. I found this adorable mess: Foster(daizer) or as I like to call him, Diaz. Foster Diaz is a 3 year-old Boston Terrier that has juvenile cataracts and was left alone all day by his previous owner with nothing to do. To alleviate the stress caused by loneliness, boredom and diminishing vision, Foster developed some peculiar coping habits. He began drinking massive amounts of water and developed seizures. Unfortunately, David doesn't want a "screwed-up" dog. I told him that even if he doesn't want him, he's naming the dog he does get Foster Diaz as a homage. (that is an actual picture of him. If you live close to MN, and you want to adopt Foster Diaz click here for his information.


On to Mozambique. My sister participated in the global village at Heifer international in Perryville, AR this weekend. It is a program where normal citizens can spend a few nights living in a simulation of a third-world country. If you don't know Christy, she is great, but doesn't like camping, more or less camping in a simulated Mozambique. Anyway, she calls me and professes the horror of her stay in the global village. "I was in MOZAMBIQUE; we ate cornmeal and vegetables, it was awful. The highlight of my day was when 4 of us split an apple and an orange. We worked all day and ate CORNMEAL!" It was hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. If you too would like to stay in Mozambique, or many other impoverished countries for that matter click here to visit heifer ranch's website.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Christy. That sounds like something I would do. When are you coming home, Chandle?

Unknown said...

oooh, that means she got to do global village II. i never got to do the new one. but i did do the new one like 6 times. literally. i think i was in the slums more than half of those times. and you just get rice. which means you "prostitute" out your services to get anything other than sticky carbs. mmmmmm. i'm sorry christy didn't so much dig it.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Ha, ha, ha! That made me laugh out loud, picturing Christy "roughing it". Love you, Christy.

Chandle said...

I'll be back on July 21st.