Tuesday, June 27, 2006

That girl is poison



This week has been low key. It seems like the rain that started Saturday, will never quit. It's a virtual lake in our back yard where, last week, a little creek ran. We've had to do indoor work so far this week, like clean George Washington's headquarters. What a strange life I lead. "Hey, guys, it's raining. Let's clean the first President of the United State's house."

Despite the downpour, we went to a Reading Phillies game on Saturday compliments of the park. We had a good time. The best part was all the gimicky things in between innings, like a guy riding a fake ostrich and throwing hot dogs into the stands: pure genius.

I have poison ivy all over my arms, but Kat has it all over her entire body. In the picture her face is swollen; that girl is poison. So much for weeding the forest. Besides the hives, work is fun and we keep each other entertained. It's going to be weird not being with my team. I'll miss them. For now, STOP SCRATCHING YOUR BLISTERED, HIVE-RIDDEN ARMS.

In other news, The Public and It's Problems by John Dewey is pretty boring. I would venture to say that it is not my favorite summer reading selection. It is an economy/philosophy book written in 1926 by the guy that invented the Dewey Decimal System, nuff said. No offense to whomever picked it. The other books are thankfully enjoyable and informative. Particularly The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman. Turns out globalization is a good thing, people.

I'm trying to decide if I should walk to Walmart and buy Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture 2. It is my passion and I live in the woods right now and there is a monsoon going on and I would kick everyone on my team's butt making it that much more fun.

P.S. check out this week's issue of Newsweek. There is a great article about 15 people that make America great. Social entrepreneurs and such. It was inspiring.

3 comments:

Leah Billings said...

I didn't realize they had come out with a pop culture 2. How exciting! You come home in like two or three weeks, don't you? Yahoo!

Elizabeth Spann said...

My answer is, of COURSE, yes you should buy it! Der. :) Poison ivy is no fun, I imagine. Someone threw hotdogs into the crowd? Man, I thought that was only a dream I had!

Chandle said...

You guys make me laugh