Thursday, April 24, 2008

TEST anxiety

So I've been studying hard for the Praxis. The last time I took a practice test I scored 27 points above what I need to to pass Louisiana standards. I think I'll be fine, but it's a little nerve racking. Here are some questions that would be on the test, that you should probably know. I didn't give you any math questions because they all involve diagrams (since when did K-5th grade need to know the area of a triangle?) anyway, See how you do:

1. Manuel is the tallest of the two boys.
Which of the following statements about the above sentence is true?

a. The sentence is written correctly.
b. The subject and verb do not agree.
c. The word "boys" should be possessive.
d. "Tallest" modifies Manuel incorrectly.


2. Mount Rainier is located in which of the following mountain ranges?

a. The Cascades
b. The Rockies
c. The Appalachians
d. The Alps

3. What percent of the seats in the United States House of Representatives are up for election every two years?

a.33%
b. 50%
c. 66%
d. 100%

4. Which of the following geological processes adds new rock to the surface of the Earth?

a. Volcanic activity
b. Glacial activity
c. Soil erosion
d. Weathering


5. Which of the following laboratory instruments would be most appropriate to use in determining the volume of a large block of wood of unknown density?

a.A metric ruler
b. A triple-beam balance
c. A 200 mL volumetric flask
d. A micrometer









1. D 2. A 3. D 4. A 5 .A

1 comment:

Elizabeth Spann said...

I missed the House of Reps question, DANG YOU, politics! ;)

You're going to be GREAT!! Good luck and call me when you're done, love! I'll be sending good luck vibes your way.