Sunday, April 06, 2008

Growin up a storm




In honor of earth day on the 22nd, I wanted to share with you the little container garden I'm working on. I have to grow everything in containers, b/c if I don't, Rocky will dig it up. It's an unfortunate side effect of my dogs. So if you haven't heard, there is a decline in the bee population (possibly b/c of cell phones). Planting flowers and things can help the bees find things to pollinate, making food for everyone (can you hear the teacher voice?). We have started growing our own herbs, tomatoes and peppers to save money, help the bees, and give me something to do because I am bored. It's fun; you should start one too.

Last weekend I baked a lemon bundt cake in my new apron with my new bundt cake pan. I also gave David a mohawk. Things are pretty low key here. We watch a lot of movies. David has reviews this week for his semester's work, so wish him luck. I still am sans cellphone. I promise I'll be up and running in a few days.

3 comments:

Leah Billings said...

You guys are cute! I love those pots on the lower left. I'm itching to start planting our yard. That cake looks delicious too.

Anonymous said...

you guys are so adorable i might be sick

Elizabeth Spann said...

Goooooood luck David!!

PS, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU GUYS? HA HA, just kidding. I love it more than you know. ;)