Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The side effects of marriage


Since David and I have been married and sleeping in the same bed, we have discovered that I have a little problem. I have a tendency, to shout, sing, and fight in my sleep.


About a week ago, David was reading a book and I shot up in bed (still asleep) and started swating at the air. I started yelling about how there were dandelions everywhere and scared the crap out of David. Last week, David came to bed and I was sound asleep. As he was getting under the covers I turned around, and ever so softly punched him in the center of his chest and laid back down. Last night is the grad finale. David says he woke up, to me "crazy eyed" attempting to put my hands around his neck and choke him. He started yelling "hey hey hey" and I woke up and thought he was crazy.


If anyone has any ideas on how to calm down my rouge, streetfighting sleep alter-ego, please let us know.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Holy.Lord. You tried to kill David in your sleep! EEEEEEEEEEK. Ummmm, that's a little scary, Miss Chandle. And ever-so-slightly hilarious. Your story about bats still makes me laugh. You're a crazy sleeper! ;) Tell David it's best if he wears a helmet. That's my only suggestion.
At least you're not driving while asleep with amnesia for the event. I saw an Ambien commercial this morning. ;)

Mari said...

Okee dokee...I also was going to sugges that perhaps it was Ambien (or other sleeping drug) related but if not, I say cest la vie. Perhaps David will need to start putting a barrier between you in the bed. You crack me up chick!

kristen said...

jr used to elbow and punch my arm when he was asleep. now he just cusses at me loudly. he has no memory of it in the morning. i don't know why he doesn't hit anymore. it took a few years for that to stop.