Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'm a machine


So I've been working my rapidly shrinking behind off trying to crank out these surveys. I'm on a roll with at least 10 organizations filling and handing them out (so they say). I really hope this isn't one of those things where really wonderful people sound sincere about surveydom and end up chunking them into the trash, (whether that be digital email trash or actual I-faxed-that-to-you trash). Let me just say that introducing myself on multiple occasions over the telephone is an excruciating process. I need an alias. I also have a codebook, survey database, directory database, 2 surveys, online versions of those surveys, and a growing provider list.

I will be in Jonesboro the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of October conducting focus groups, and the 4th and 5th at a Developmental Disability Conference in Russelville. All in all, the board is happy, I'm working on this thing for the majority of my waking hours and I think I can get it done, despite skepticism. I wholeheartedly admit I am a glutton for punishment and continually attempt to do more work than is humanly possible, but here's to conducting a comprehensive needs assessment of 2 counties, alone, in three (make that two) months!

P.S. I'm going to be She-ra for halloween, and if anyone has a plastic crown sitting around I need to put wings on it and a ruby rhinestone. Princess of Power! Now that's what I call feminism in a tube top.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i was totally thinking of being she-ra for halloween! you'll be much better--you've got the straight, blond hair and i'm too lazy. any ideas on what i should be? i'm stumped.