Friday, September 14, 2007

I could never be a telemarketer



My day starts out with me grabbing a list of organizations in Northeast Arkansas. I call them one at a time, and start my phone call like this "Hello, my name is Chandle Devor. I am a student from the Clinton School of Public Service in Little Rock working at the Arkansas Independent Living Council. I am doing a needs assessment of providers and consumers of disability services in Craighead and Mississippi Counties. Who do I need to talk to?" I am then transferred to 3 or 4 different people who I have to repeat this entire, ridiculous schpeal to. This process inevitably leads to me leaving a lengthy voicemail, which has a slim chance of being answered. You can understand why I became completely elated yesterday when I actually got 2 surveys back. I'm headed to the NWA tonight and will attend a Panther high school football game. Ah Nostalgia.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Hope you had a good time up in the NWA! ;)