Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Friday Night Lights...and Saturday....and Sunday






I went to Siloam Springs this weekend and spent most of it playing with children and watching football. Siloam had a high school game similar to that of Arkansas's but they didn't make a comeback like Alabama. Both my teams lost...sniff, tear. We had a good time, and it reminded me of when I was the photography editor of the yearbook. Yes, I was on yearbook, are you really surprised?

I also got to hang out with little miss Drooly McGhee, herself Isabella Jo. That kid is teething like crazy. We need to hang a bucket around her neck to catch all of it. She sure is cute though. Jed also made an appearance and ran his tricycle over some dog poop, and then promptly put it in his mouth. I promise he will never do that again. He said "yuck" for about an hour.

My goal this week is to get a significant start on the background section of my capstone paper, which is essentially a thesis. Discipline Discipline. Write things before they are due.

Jamie and Ryan are getting married this Saturday, so much fun should be had.

Next week I am headed to NYC to volunteer at the Clinton Global Initiative. I wish I could take pictures of the cool people in attendance, but it is forbidden! Here are the names of some of them though: Ted Turner, Bill Frist, Desmond Tutu, Robert Zoellick, Felipe Calderon, Anderson Cooper, George Stephanopoulos, Tom Brokaw, Tony Blair, Tony Bennett,Muhammad Yunus, and good ol' Bill himself. A lot of other great people you've never heard of will be there too. I get to work a 16 hour shift one day. The joys of volunteer work are never ceasing.

4 comments:

melissa said...

HOLY CRAP!!! please give bill my best and if you get close to tony blair, savor every second for me. : )

Elizabeth Spann said...

Ummm, did you just say "both my teams?" Who ARE you...?? ;)

PS, Izzy is the cutest. Drool and all. And I can't believe that Ashur has gotten so big. He's going to be driving soon. And Jed needs to lay off the poop.

That's all I have to say. ;) Besides that you'll have so much fun in NYC.

Chandle said...

I've been watching too much Friday Night Lights. I actually enjoyed watching football, I know, it's weird.

kristen said...

geez look at those lashes