Thursday, July 20, 2006

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year? In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife












So we've graduated. I don't know what to say. I can't sum up something that has changed my life so profoundly. How do you say thank you for that; how do you say goodbye? I cannot believe the things my team has accomplished this year. I've done so much, but feel like there is so much to do, and the thought of doing it without the undying support of my team is heartbreaking. I have grown in ways I didn't think were possible anymore. There is something in my heart now that I will always have calling me to plant that tree, tell that child she can do it and pull up that never ending garlic mustard. They asked us if we could take one quality from each teammate, what would it be, and I've been thinking...
Amar- you're constant determination to make everything, just a little bit more perfect, including yourself
Cameron- you're lightheartedness, no matter what comes your way
Christina- you're compassion that pours out of you 100% of the time, if everyone were as loving to each living thing as you are, there would be no wars or poverty.
Kat- you're beautiful motivation and work ethic, you held us together.
Leigh Ann- you're confidence, you know you can, whatever the task
Nick- you're calm, you don't let things get to you, and I think we all know I could use some of your serenity.
Nicole- You're bravery, you dance and sing like everyone's watching, and you never think twice about it.
Stephanie- You're strength, you may be our "baby" but you hold yourself together like you're made of pure steel.

I love you House 5. You know you have my heart, my support, and my encouragement in everything you choose to do. You presence has made me into a better person, a kinder, calmer, stronger person. May you always seek to rid the world of injustice with all the fervor you had everyday I worked by your side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU TO WHO YOU ARE AND HOW MUCH YOUR LOVE AND HELP HAS CHANGE ME FOREVER
PLEASE DONT FORGET WHAT WE SHARED IN THESE LAST 10 MONTHS
LOVE TINA

Unknown said...

chandle,
i'm ever so proud to have you as my friend. i can only imagine what this experience has meant to you, and i know it will provide you with many inspirations to come. loves to you. see you next saturday.