Tuesday, January 31, 2006

What do AmeriCorps and Prison have in common






Well things are going well here. We've all been doing various jobs to keep us busy. Today Amar and I went to help a inkind donation center organize there furniture. We worked all morning and got what we thought, was a lot done. At 1pm 10 inmates from the prison came to help. They knocked out the entire warehouse in 30 minutes. I'm not sure I found too many differences between them and us. They wear uniforms, we wear uniforms, the government pays for thier food housing and transportion, same for us. They had a team leader (sheriff, whatever), and they do a lot of weird work for free. I miss you guys. I hope everyone is having a good winter and Happy Birthday on Thursday Leah and Kat!!!!!!!! P.S. Jerm is in New Orleans and he might come over and see me. IF so, I will have some crazy freakin fun to speak of. What's great is that I"m always telling my team about my crazy friend Jeremy. Here are some pictures to make your day.

4 comments:

Leah Billings said...

That first picture is classic!

Elizabeth Spann said...

Just don't have the crazy fun that would make either of you guys wind up in one of those orange jumpsuits. Take care of him. :)

Anonymous said...

Silly goose! I know it's the thought that counts, but Leah's birthday is on Wednesday. Remember a few years ago when you tried to fool me otherwise? :) Hope you are doing well.

Unknown said...

definitely not kelly m. in the first picture! he he