Monday, October 03, 2005

Village people



So I'm here, D.C. village!!!!! I was a little nervous at first but I come to realize that it's just a hybrid of summer camp and freshman year....with hard labor. I'm excited and I'm scared. My roomate is really young, but she's sweet. I'm in the only 2 person room; and I"m trying to get one of the 2 remaining R.A. positions. I now understand why having your own room is so important. You spend 24 hours a day with people, a little privacy is cherished here. I have a little dorm room and my little community shower and kitchen. It's like minton hall. ( except not so gross) I've also been told that when I'm on projects, I most likely won't have internet access, but I'll have my phone. I"ll try to find a library or something somewhere to let you all know where I am. I'm sure I"ll enjoy this next year serving President Bartlett and our great country. ( a girl can dream, can't she?)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

aww chandle, i'm so proud of you...you're going to have such a good time. americorps rocks and so do you!
loves

Elizabeth Spann said...

Let Bartlett be Bartlett! And Chandle be Chandle! Say hi to Josh Lyman for me. He's a hottie. LOVE YOU!!

Leah Billings said...

Yea! You made it. Stay safe (try not to injure yourself) and don't forget we love you!

Chandle said...

I love you too!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

chandle - you have an amazing opportunity ahead of you and i do know the world will be a better place - good luck to you ... and i do miss getting to talk to you .