Sunday, October 30, 2005

"help, my leg is stuck under this tree."


Hey guys,
I know it's been awhile. I worked 56 hours last week and made 100 dollars. Go federal government..WOOHOO! Class XII was officially inducted into AmeriCorps NCCC on Saturday. We had a good time and a few tears (come on, you know I'm a crier.) My family sent me a fruit basket that was really sweet. Saturday night I went out with 11 other girls to a club that wanted to charge us $18 to get in and $5 for a miller light in a 12oz cup. You do the math. Cassie talked them down to 10 bucks a head and $5 for a miller light was out of the question. We just ended up dancing a lot to classics such as "I like big butts." Saturday 26 of us loaded up for an independent service project in Virginia. Every year around Halloween, Caledon state park holds a haunted hayride to raise money for the park. We were part of the event staff. We had to dress up as various characters along the hayride, and the park charged 5 bucks a head to go through it. It was a blast. We actually got 10 hours of service work and free pizza to scare people! My job was to be a hiker that's leg is stuck under a tree. I plea with the hayriders to pick me up, I just need to cut my leg off in order to go. (I'm a little drastic..and crazy) The person hiding behind the tree then proceeds to squirt the hayriders with a water gun, simulating the incidental blood squirting from my leg. Other people had to pretend to be frankenstein, shipwrecked ghouls, that kid from the ring coming out of the well, scarecrow/jack-o-lanterns mixed in with fake scarecrow/jack-0-lanterns, so as to freak out the unassuming hayrider. They ended up raising about 1500 dollars! We had a lot of fun. I'm posting a few pictures........enjoy!

2 comments:

Leah Billings said...

Happy Halloween! We missed you at the party!

Elizabeth Spann said...

We DID miss you. Hope you have fun tonight- I heard the "Ghostbusters" theme on the way to school today and thought of you. Take LOTS of pictures. That hayride thing looks totally fun. Glad you're having a good time up there. Give me a call some time soon!