Tuesday, May 29, 2007

New assignment








Hey guys,




Everything is really good here, despite missing everyone desperately. I have started working and have already typed up 20 pages of the school health report. It's nice to be able to do work during work hours. It's scheduled, I'm not used to that. I walk everywhere and everywhere is uphill or downhill so I'm getting plenty of exercise. The clothes I had made are not saris, but cortas (I didn't know). They are still pretty, but kinda tight in the chest area. I'm going to have to get them let out a bit. I am also my own photographer, so excuse the pictures. I'll have to get a sari made before I leave. In addition to the work I already told you about, June 12th is world day against child labor. I get to travel to all of the CWISH drop in centers and child clubs (yes ladies and gentlemen, youth organizing... my practicum team will get it). I'm going to be collecting interviews and photographs to create a CWISH newsletter about the event.




Every time I walk down the street, everyone stares at me, all the little children shout "HI!" and I shout back, "Namaste", and i almost am killed by A. a bus B. a taxi C. a motorbike or D. a micro bus. Send me an email w/ your address and I'll write you a postcard.

6 comments:

Leah Billings said...

Pretty lady! I'm glad that you finally have been able to start working. I checked out the CWISH website and it looks like a great organization. It's so cool that you get to be a part of that.

Anonymous said...

i love the cortas. i love all the pictures. i'm so glad you get a chance to update. i'm learning so much. be safe.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Lookin' groooooooooooood, Miss Chandle (great+good)! :) So very proud of you. Keep up the good work, save the world, and keep blogging! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Lolli and Julie miss you!!!
You look like you are doing ok...not time to read everyone's blogs as the mr. left us with quite a few chores, bless him! :)
When we can, we do catch a few glimpes here and there and we aren't so lonely. Take goooood care! Julie

Christin said...

hey asia buddy,

love the outfit and love all your stories. i hope you are feeling better, and i wish you and flat stanley all the happiness in the world (at least until august!)!

ossupov said...

My address is 2000 South Eads St # 1227, Arlington, VA, 22202. Send me postcard from there..I will send you a postcard from here too, hehehe..

Ms. Chandle, you should see my friend there..Are you in Kathmandu? She's not there, though.