Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Reasons why I don’t want to leave Louisiana:




1.The indoor track has up a sign that says “DO NOT SPIT ON TRACK”
2. The classroom we worked in had books like “swine production, artificial insemination in dairy and beef cattle, and small animal care and management”
3. Every radio station plays that Toby Keith song “let’s get drunk and be somebody”
4. We have a bar…….n by our house.
5. I broke (okay, hurt severely) Kat’s arm, wrestling outside a huge triple wide “schoolroom” trailer.
6. They pronounce Lafayette… Laughayette
7. They have jalapeño ice cream, and boondin (DON’T EAT BOONDIN)
8. In one day, we went to the Tabasco factory, Nick’s pants fell down and he made a noise like Marilyn Monroe on a street vent, and Ben hit baby in the forehead in his sleep.
9.There is a cage fighting competition at the Cajun Dome two days after we leave.
10. Taco bell, burger king, McDonalds, the coffee shop, a grocery store and several gas stations are in walking distance from our swanky house with a screen in porch and our very own rooster cogburn. We have been fed jambalaya, gumbo, king cake, crackling, hamburgers, shrimp and cupcakes: I love you Louisiana!

Unfortunately, we are leaving Louisiana on Thursday. I probably won’t update for awhile since I’ll be on the road for a couple of days and then only in DC for a few. We head to Cleveland, land of cleaves on the 23rd. Happy Valentines Day to all of you. I know I didn’t send you a box of chocolates or a dozen roses, but I will leave you with these snippets of ameriworld: “Kat- Whoa…..Chandle- Owwwww…..Christina-Shaaaam?” Chandle-“I am NOT Monica…… yeah well, Amar’s Ross.” Chandle- “Vaginal intercourse is the danger” Ben in his sleep “75 kids are coming to run us over, 75 kids are coming….5 4 3 2 1!” Side note: the older guy that lives with us came home with blood on his cowboy boots. He says he saved a little girl from a car wreck. I only hope this is the truth, and we aren’t murdered in our sleep in the near future.

6 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Words I do not comprehend:
Swine production, Toby Keith, boondin, rooster cogburn (but I like how it sounds), & crackling.
What Ben said in his sleep= terrifying.
And last but not least, you are DEFINITELY not Monica. Eew.

the gloria family said...

yeah i am going to have nightmares about what ben said in his sleep. don't eat crackling.

Leah Billings said...

I bet the king cake was good. I've only ever eaten one that was officially from LA. Watch out for that cowboy. His story sounds totally fishy. Way scary!

Elizabeth Spann said...

PS- that's a super sweet scooter. I can't believe you injured your friend. Ridiculous. :)

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with a little blood on the old cowboy boot
happy valentines day

Elizabeth Spann said...

HOLY COW! David commented.