Saturday, February 25, 2006

The BIRDS!!!!!!!!



So picture this, you go to take out the trash only to realize there is a swarm of seagulls diving down at the ground waiting to peck someone's eye out in the middle of Southeast DC. Needless to say, the trash can wait. If you cannot see the severity of the gulls, go ahead and click on the picture to make it bigger. It was terrifying. Tomorrow I'm picking up trash on the beach. I can only hope a similar calamity does not ensue.

Well, Team 5 will be in DC for one more week. We are working with a Non-profit here, SINGA, and are supposed to know our gulf project on Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed.

I watched RENT tonight. An interesting film. Be sure to check out the performance piece by Maureen in the middle. It's....well....it just sums up the whole film. In the movie they talk about a newspaper called the village voice,( our NCCC paper) and a homeless shelter called tent city (the name of our most likely housing in the gulf). If I jumped up and sang songs in a dress made from a shower curtain with my friends with chronic illness RENT would practically be my life. NO, really... it was pretty good.

I would also like to recommend listening to the Replacments. Rolling Stone once said that Lucero was what the Replacments country album would have sounded like. Especially the song, If Only You Were Lonely.

AND NOW FOR...... when we were fun and skinny and didn't post on our blog on Saturday night:


1 comment:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Awww... look at us. Look at me in my Mount skirt!!
What's funny is that the whole horn-rimmed glasses things was totally out of character for me at the time. I didn't even HAVE glasses then. But now that picture just looks like me... now... in a Catholic school girl uniform. Yup.
PS... the birds are terrifying. They will kill you. I've seen the movie. That was yet ANOTHER Halloween costume. :)