Thursday, March 27, 2008

Day off in my swanky house





I'm off work today...woohoo. I spent most of the morning sleeping and then I took a Practice Praxis II test and kinda bombed it. The test is in a month, and I've kinda been studying, but now I need to kick it into high gear. Most of the questions I miss are the ones about actual teaching, not the subject material. Also, I have to say, some of the "right" answers are questionable. I'm sure I'll be fine, but trying to remember everything from k-5th grade and stuff I never learned about teaching is a little taxing.

We've got all of our wonderful new gifts ready to go in the house, and I must say, it looks a lot nicer. Everything is really great. Here are some pictures from the house.

During lunch I watched this ridiculous episode of Tyra where all the women had to wear their weight on their shirt. Basically the lesson was, some skinny people eat really unhealthy food and some fat people eat well and work out a lot. What a great, disheartening lesson for those of us who's houses are full of fruit and vegetables and an elliptical machine. I give up. I am jumping off the weight loss train and joining the curvy, healthy train. Forget going down a dress size, then I'd have to buy all new clothes anyway.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

YEAH, do it! ;)
WOW- those pillows look AWESOME, if I do say so myself. ha ha. No really, your house looks great- I am so happy for you guys.
PS, the practice tests are WAY harder than the real thing. Promise.

kristen said...

amen!!!!!!!!

Mari said...

Boo tests! I don't ever want to take another one again. But unfortunately they are right around the corner for me. Good luck to you!