Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Lost









David and I went to Arches national park yesterday. We were finally feeling better, so we went on a few hikes. The most famous arch in the park is delicate arch, the one on the Utah license plate. We wanted to see it at sunset so at 1:30 we went on what we thought was a 4 mile hike up to the top of a mountain, and thought we'd catch it later. Cut to David and I sliding down a steep ravine into a crevice 7 inches wide and me yelling " I really don't think this is the way." 3 hours later we find another couple, who is also desperately lost and back track our way to the real trail, not the one delinquent highschoolers started with their skater shoe footprints down the cliffs. We got to the car just in time to see the last sliver of sun setting over the hills. We ended up celebrating the new year with Pizza and Hefienweisen and going to bed at 10pm thankful we weren't sleeping in a crevice.

P.S. it's supposed to rain in the Valley of Fire on our wedding day, go figure, so expect pictures of one cold and wet bride and groom.

3 comments:

Leah Billings said...

What an adveture! I love the idea of taking a trip together that leads up to your wedding. I hope you guys are having a blast. Good luck on the 4th! I'll be thinking of you (and I'll keep my fingers crossed for clear skies).

melissa said...

you guys look like you're having a blast! and i think rain on your wedding day is supposed to be good luck, yes? : )

Elizabeth Spann said...

HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love love love ya!! Call me as soon as it's appropriate to call a friend after your wedding. ;)