Sunday, August 27, 2006

I just don't know what to do with myself


Hey everyone. I’ve been a bad blogger, and I apologize. Things have been very busy around here. I won’t bore you with the specifics, but Friday alone, I attended a talk on HIV/AIDS in India, Charlie Cook came by to talk about political polls and the 2008 election, and I received a step by step timeline of what happened during Hurricane Katrina by the captain of the TAC police squad there. By the way, the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina is on the 29th. I think most of you remember how it still is down there. Boo! Boo! Boo! (and I’m not referring to an affectionate rapper term!)

In other news, Ashur apparently speaks Spanish.

So, one of my new friends from school, Julie, noted that she has seen a picture of me in 3 different Halloween Costumes and she doesn’t really know me, which brings me to a good point. HALLOWEEN IS CLOSE! I DON’T HAVE A COSTUME YET!!! Since everyone keeps teasing me about saving the world, maybe I should be Mother Teresa or something. Personally I think that’s a little too politically incorrect, so I could always wear a red sweatsuit, draw a smiley face on it and be Mr. Koolaid, only saying “OhYeah!,” the entire night. What a weird thing to say.

So now it’s time for a list

Things I love (I wish I were Oprah, because then people would care about what I love, and I would be god to millions of stay-at-home moms:

David Sedaris on NPR

The movie “All the Real Girls”

Grey’s Anatomy is about to start

My Analysis class (I know, it’s weird to like statistics)

Katie’s dog Gator, who is crazy and jumps on and off the couch in a fast, rabid manner…. which makes me laugh

LABOR DAY WEEKEND

A cougar named Karen (you know who I’m talking about)

This bird thing I made at the iron pour, picture will follow

4 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

My original instinct tells me that you should FOR SURE be Mr. Kool-Aid. #1. Kool-Aid is delicious. #2. I almost pee in pants every time I picture you in that costume. Please do it. I think that reaction means yes.

Unknown said...

i second that, but only if you can really get the "ooh yeah" just right. and judging by the fact that you can do both flipper and alvin & the chipmunks, i think it's a sure bet.

katandkarl said...

kool-aid. i think i might have one of the old pitchers somewhere. hmmm... maybe not.

Leah Billings said...

Fabulous idea! Now you've got me thinking about what I'm gonna be...must focus on pharmacy school...