Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Here is the church and here is the steeple, we sure are cute for 2 ugly people






Things are pretty easy-going here. David and I have been spending a lot of time together, which is something we don't get to do too often. I am having a great time. He works all day and I make cookies, clean and look at dishes and things to register for on the internet. I am a domestic goddess. I'll be home on Friday and moving in with Katie soon. We are staying in the basement of the new house, and the windows have holes dug around them so you can see the sunshine. Unfortunately, animals sometimes fall into them and can't get out, so they starve to death. There were approximately 40 frogs and one starving crazy prairie dog in these window-holes. I felt bad for them, so I proceeded to catch them in a cup, put them in a trashcan and set them free in the swamp. The stressfulness of this project was unbeknownst to me, until they started jumping towards my face with killer speed. I would scream about every 2 seconds. I managed to catch all of them and put the lid on the trash can. I picked it up, the lid slipped off and the trashcan crashed to the floor. The scream I let out was probably heard for 3 miles. I pointed and made indistinguishable noised until I finally yelled "DAAAAVIIIIID, get it get it get it get it. Thank god he was right there too, paralyzed by the fear of 40 crazy frogs being let loose in the new house rendered me incapable of resolving the issue and David picked it up just in time. Next was the prairie dog. David put on full leathers, scooped it up in a shovel, dumped in the trashcan and threw the trashcan out. We ran up stairs and had to dump the poor thing out it was so weak. It ran into the bushes and we through a spoon of peanut butter at it. That's the most exciting thing that happened all week. P.S. Go see Talladega Nights and Little Miss Sunshine, funniest movies since movies were funny.

4 comments:

Leah Billings said...

What a good story! I love prairie dogs.

Anonymous said...

HI you two are so cutie i am already saving for the wedding that great you and katie are going to live togethere have fun in school and make me proud
love tina

Unknown said...

sick! (the dead animals, not you 2) i didn't know prairie dogs lived that far north...used to see them a lot when i lived in arizona.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Funniest.post.ever