Monday, April 24, 2006

Waveland, MS and gnats



So we all went to Waveland, MS this weekend and attended the all Corps meeting. There were 54 AmeriCorps teams there and 5 bazillion gnats, that bite. It rained that day, harder and longer than any rain we have had in months. Red mud filled the entrance to the 4-person tent and then water filled the floor. At one point there was an actual crab. We picked up a lot of trash while other teams cleaned the beach, painted trashcans, and cleared ditches. We had a good time seeing all the other teams and managed to all catch a weird, itchy rash (possible gnat bites). I have a picture from the tent, but I can't upload it right now, so instead, you get us all going out to dinner afterwards, and Amar happens to look like a total tool. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Once you get a rash from a place, it is time to come home, Chandle. COME HOME! :)
It makes me happy to hear from you! Much love, g funk.

Elizabeth Spann said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elizabeth Spann said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chandle said...

I get it, I get it! Ha

Leah Billings said...

I'm becoming bug-phobic. I totally freak out now when they get on me. I couldn't have handled the gnats!

Elizabeth Spann said...

Uhhhh I have NO freaking idea why it put my comment 3 times. Blogger has become possessed.

Chandle said...

you just made me laugh

La said...

Chandle... I'm so pissed your having fun without me. That's not allowed! It's weird to be in the village without team 5. I look at the dru board EVERYTIME I walk by it and it laughs at me. Empty... laughter... Anyway, see you in May!