Thursday, April 20, 2006

It had to be you.....and your inevitable bad luck


So I flew into Minneapolis with a smile on my face. David picked me up at the airport and I instantly did not want to return to New Orleans. We went and picked out the most perfect, gorgeous ring at the third place we stopped. We stayed at the new sculpture park, which is the most beautiful house in the world. We had Thai food and watched "Brick" (great movie by the way), perfect so far, and then it happened. I woke up Monday feeling like crap, a sinus infection. I had my mom get the doctor to call me in antibiotics and I was relieved we'd taken care of it so early, that we could do stuff on Tuesday. I was quite wrong. I wake up at 5 a.m. and my stomach feels like an overcrowded fishbowl at walmart. I spent the next 12 hours with my head in the toilet ( or the opposite) Finally David decides we should go to the hospital and I am diagnosed with Gastritous, aka the worst freakin stomach flu ever! I was instructed to only drink gatorade for 24 hours. I was out of commission up until my plane took off. Then I land in New Orleans sick and tired and my bag does not appear. I'm home sick today and still waiting for my bag, which happens to contain my medicine. David and I picked a date by the way: April 14th! It's in honor of the wonderful/miserable reuniting that could only be us.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

I cannot believe you got sick!!! That is totally your luck though. And your immune system. The Jeremy tells me I have a China's wall of an immune system. It's too bad that didn't wear off on you. Glad that you got to go anyway, even if you were yucko.

Leah Billings said...

Ring = so pretty. You getting sick = no fun (but I agree with E, totally your luck). You two setting a date = exciting to the max (and cute based on the circumstances behind it). We're gonna have to make you live in a bubble a couple weeks before the ceremony though so you don't get sick!