Friday, March 10, 2006

Camp Algiers


So I'm finally at camp Algiers. It's crazy here. Remember your freshman year of college? You didn't know anyone, or what to do in the cafeteria, and there were people EVERYWHERE. Yeah, it's kinda like that, except you live in a giant tent with 400 people, most of them students or AmeriCorps members. A lot of schools took groups down for spring break. The food is good and everyone is friendly. We have wireless internet and hot showers. They print a newsletter with the menu for the week, crossword and sudoku. There is a TV lounge with eliptical machines and boardgames. There are laundry facilities and detergent and linens are provided It's the swankiest camping trip I've ever been on. I did kinda forget how CRAZY HUMID it is here. Arkansas has nothing on Louisiana, they win. My hair looks like a cotton candy factory exploded.

Two days ago we got to visit a camp Leighann worked at this summer. We got to spend a couple of days in a wonderful cabin and hike and do ropes course stuff. It was perfect. Turns out spring break is the same dates, so I bought a ticket to see my baby. I miss you, David! I love you even more now that you call me during commercial breaks for American Idol to gush over performances. My parents and Ash are coming in a week. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Leah Billings said...

I'm glad you're in a good camp and I'm glad your spring break trip is gonna work out after all. Your hair made me laugh. Humidity is the devil!

Elizabeth Spann said...

Awww... you and David are in lurve. Glad you made it ok, and glad that's it's not quite as bad as originally thought. Although I did cringe when I saw the port-a-potty showers. But it's better than nuthin'! Love you and miss you!

Chandle said...

Showering in a port-a-potty. That pretty much speaks for itself. Miss you too!