Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day





Because my love-life is sub-par. I decided to celebrate true-fictional love with a happy valentines day post

Favorite Romance: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I love this movie because it's about a believable couple, with real issues, in a completely unbelievable movie.

Favorite couple: I'm going to have to go with Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy.

Favorite Tragic Romance: I'm going to have to go with All the Real Girls. This movie is beautifully heartbreaking. I loooooooove it. I have a taste for romantic tragedy.

Please post your own favorites and I'll be in Non-profit financial management class during this valentines day, boooooooooo. Down with love, up with knowledge (that was not very convincing).

6 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Favorite Romance: West Side Story
Favorite couple: Harry and Sally (you know, when they met...)
Favorite sad/"real" romance: The Way We Were (I'm a k-k-k-katie girl) OR Annie Hall

I also LOVE Eternal Sunshine, but I didn't want to take it.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Oooooh, ooh! And For Keeps, starring Molly Ringwald. Luuurve it.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Last one:
The Science of Sleep

Have you seen it yet? It's great.

Leah Billings said...

My brain always freezes with questions like this, but I will say that I've not seen All the Real Girls and am adding it to my netflix based on your review.

katandkarl said...

romance:
1. dirty dancing - the illicit almost illegal kind
2. the 40 year old virgin
3. serious sappy answer: 'music from another room' with jude law. sigh.

couple: vince vaugh and the aussie girl in wedding crashers

sad: um... i love all things tragic so if it makes me cry and someone dies then i am in! think 'my girl' times five.

Chandle said...

I am about to see the science of sleep. I just rented it. I love for keeps, it's like that guilty pleasure I have of reading V.C. andrews, it's horrible writing and unbelievable characters, but you devour it. All the real girls is soooooooo good. I hope you like it. This is fun, we should do polls more often, girls.