Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ash Wednesday, the unfortunate day after Fat Tuesday


Yesterday I spent all day in Forrest City making strides toward our Practicum goal. I had to give a speech in which I called the hogs. It went really well. I must say, Regina and I have created one pristine freaking survey. I've finished all questions, a cover letter and the codebook and template for the dataset. I am freakin fabulous!
When I got back from the delta, there were hoards of people dressed up in crazy clothing all over downtown. Against my better judgement and the presence of my conservative business clothing David, Christina and I went to party downtown. It really made me miss New Orleans. It wasn't even close to the same thing, but there were people EVERYWHERE, which hardly ever happens, especially on a Tuesday. I ran into Jamie, and she and Ryan are getting married! We danced and sang and then David took us home.
I saw Blanche Lincoln talk about the Farm bill this morning. I think it would have been a lot better if I really liked farming. I really didn't understand a lot about what the farmers were talking about, bushels and limits and AGIs. I came home and turned on the TV. To my dismay, the only thing to watch during lunch was Jerry Springer "I married him so I could drink". After that I decided to post on my blog instead, so here it is.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

That picture is puuuurty. Sorry I missed you downtown Tuesday! I called you back... but no answer. :( Hope you had fun!
Congrats on the awesomeness. I knew you had it in ya.
Aaaaaaaaand.... when do we get to hang out? I miss Chandle.

Leah Billings said...

Sounds like you've been productive. You'll have to let me in on your secret cause I just can't seem to get into the swing of things this semester.

And, yeah, I haven't seen you in a while either. Let's all hang out this weekend.

Chandle said...

I'll be at the bday party