Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Slacker


I have officially decided to be a slacker this semester. Last semester I earned a 3.92 and I've decided that this semester, I need not aim so high. I was so busy and tired. I could have been much happier with a 3.00. Anyway, school started last week and I'm taking Financial management for non-profits (boring boring boring, the book is almost 800 pages long, and yes, I need to read ALL of it: unfortunately, I need it), foundations of rehabilitation counseling (laws, rules, theories, and strategies for improving the lives of individuals with disabilities) and practicum. For practicum my group is headed to Forrest City at least once a week to develop a census of all organizations serving youth, and where they are on this obscure youth organizing scale. We have to develop surveys and run analysis. The weird thing is, I actually like that statistics stuff. Thank you Ms. Susie Booher for turning my hatred of math into a love for statistical data analysis. I like research; I'm a total dork. I'm sure I'll be busy; I'm sure I'll be tired, but I won't be trying so hard, so hold me to posting on this blog, hanging out with you, and attending various activities where having fun is the goal, not saving the world. Goodbye Debbie Downer Chandle, hello fantastico. Here is a picture of fantastico and beth from a happier time.

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETH AND KRISTEN! I LOVE YOU LADIES.

5 comments:

Leah Billings said...

Fantastico! I love it!! I think it's a great outlook to have for the semester. I just hope I'll be able to join you in at least some of that fun you're gonna have.

Elizabeth Spann said...

The return of the fantastico!! Thank GOD! :)
Thanks for the bday shout-out. I'm old.

katandkarl said...

the financials for non profits sounds FUN. can i borrow your text book?

hey by the way i RSVPed for the Southern Women impacting the vote thing this Thursday at the CPS - are you going or do you want to?

h.kathleen@gmail.com - TELL ME! I really want to go and am desperate for company if you are interested!

Chandle said...

I have to go to Forrest City on Thursday :(. Believe me, I would rather go to that.

Anonymous said...

good to hear from you again! thanks for the happy b day wishes.