Friday, December 02, 2005

You drive me crazy


Picture this: pick out 10 of your coworkers. Imagine living, eating, sleeping, working with these coworkers 10 hours a day for a month straight with one day off, one vehicle, and one audio system. I can say with much confidence that the strain is significantly weighing on team 5. You start to go a little crazy. Things that you used to not be bothered by become HUGE issues. Fights break out over what time of day physical training will be held and if tag can actually be considered "physical training." Feelings get hurt, people go bezerk, and spending 10 hours a day scraping stickers and graffiti of of street signs in 20 degree-windchill weather isn't helping matters, besides, long-underwear worn under stylish BDU-government-issued pants (made is prison ;)) makes you look kinda fat. I've had several people stop me on the street and ask me "what did you do." insinuating that only a juvenile delinquent would be scraping off stickers and political posters. Four members of the team are out with "the black plague" which is what we like to call the pink-eye-bronchitis-sinus-infection-flu concoction New Orleans served our way. (you think I'm exaggerating, unfortunately I am not). Yesterday I had to drive because Nick accidentally ran into a parked Beamer (isn't that how it always goes). The first day I actually drive in serious DC traffic happened to be the lighting of George Dubyah's Christmas tree, so it took us 2 hours to drive 10 miles. It was fabulous.
Can't wait for Christmas, and 2 whole days off in a row. WHOO HOO Sunday and Monday baby. Who'd of thought 2 days would actually be a vacation?
P.S. Lucero is playing in Baltimore , but I can't find a ride since no one brought their car. POOOOO!

5 comments:

Leah Billings said...

Sounds like your having some crazy times! You haven't got the "black plague" yet have you?

Chandle said...

I do not have the black plauge. I think I had it earlier, and got over it. How amazing is that?

Elizabeth Spann said...

I can't believe YOU of all people didn't catch the crazy disease! Is it possible you might have (gasp!) an immune system?? It can't be true.
Keep it real up there, Chandle. Remember, tag is ALWAYS considered physical acitvity, and GOOOOOD fun. Also, hate to tell you, but I don't think we're considered "juvenile delinquints" anymore. They probably think you're a serious con. Ha, ha. LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Did anyone else just start singing Britney Spears when they read the title? No, just me...okay then

Chandle said...

I sing it!