Monday, November 28, 2005

The big easy


Hey guys,
I finally made it back to DC. New Orleans was amazing and heartbreaking and awe-inspiring and everything else you could imagine it would be. I saw a lot of destroyed homes. People there don't have gas, electricity, and sometimes water. I was put on Emergency Response Vehicles (ervs) and handed out anywhere from 600-800 meals a day. I had clients start to cry on me; I got asked out on dates by crazy New Orleaneans, and made a lot of friends with the Red Cross volunteers. My team also had a blast on Bourbon street and scooping endless vats of carrots into foam containers. Yum. It's been a little crazy around here since 6 teams just returned from Disaster Relief, and most of them are deploying to a spike location. We get to stay in DC. I'm excited about the Christmas lights and decorations that will surely be up in the nations capitol. I'll actually have email and blog capabilities for the next 3 weeks and then I'm back in Arkansas!!!!!!!! I'll be home the 21st through the 8th. I can't wait to see everyone and update you periodically with much funnier, less rushed blog entries. I love you guys!

5 comments:

Susan said...

My best friend and I are coming to DC the day after Christmas thru New Years. I've never been and am so excited. By they way, I'm a friend of Kat's who entered the blogging community that included Elizabeth, Leah, Emily, etc., which is how I happened upon here.

Leah Billings said...

We love you too! I'm glad you get a break. I can't even imagine what it takes to work where you were. Can't wait to see you this x-mas!

Elizabeth Spann said...

Guess who's back... back again... Chandle's back... tell a friend.
Glad you've made it back to civilization. I bet DC's going to be awesome. I need my Chandle!

katandkarl said...

Sounds like you did some fabulous stuff in NO! that is amazing!

take pics of DC in Christmas - I want to see badlY!

see you sooN i am sure!

Chandle said...

It is already looking really pretty. They have Christmas lights and trees up everywhere.