Wednesday, July 09, 2008

4th of July weekend

We had a ton of fun last weekend in Rock Town.  I got to meet Brooks and Jessica's baby, Luke and Kat and Karl's baby, Nate.  We went to David's fam for the 4th.  I also bought a dress for the Spann wedding and had an overall fabulous time.  On the way home though, we got a ticket for speeding.  I guess it's kind of a miracle we haven't gotten one yet, and I know my new red car didn't help matters.  Stupid, little Mississippi speed traps.

As soon as we got home, I was like, where's my economic stimulus check, and looked it up online.  Turns out, even though I made 6,000 dollars, because 4000 was my AmeriCorps award (which they took taxes out of) I don't get the freakin' check.  Lying government you know whats.  

David got a new job this week sanding counter tops.  He likes it, and now he has to get up early too.

Tomorrow night is the closing ceremony for the TeachBR Summer Institute.  I am giving a speech to represent everything that we learned this summer.  Wish me luck.  I'm leavin' on a jet plane for Siloam Springs on Friday.  I'm sure I'll have oodles of adorable little kid pictures to post when I get home.  

1 comment:

Nick said...

i know this probably won't make the taxes taken out of your award sting any less, but at an alum event a few weeks ago, they told us that they are in the works of getting the award to be non-taxable. (and no, it's not going to be retroactive...we asked!)

but knowing that you appreciate progress, i thought you would like to know.