Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall Fest


This weekend we went to the #1 haunted attraction in the United States, the 13th gate Haunted House. I'm not going to post any pictures from their website, but here's the link, if you're brave enough http://www.midnightproduction.com/the13thgate.htm I was terrified. I seriously spent 3/4 of it with my eyes closed. Also I got a horrible tension headache from the whole thing. We went through a crazy hospital, a sewer (with clowns), a Texas Chain-saw Massacre thing, a mummy thing, a pirates of the Caribbean thing, a voodoo thing, a cemetery, a zombie thing, a snake and spider thing, and some other stuff I don't remember because I had my eyes closed. I almost cried, but it was totally worth it. No scary movie has ever given me a headache.

This weekend we also revisited the Angola Prison Rodeo, which was much more fun the second time around. I think the prisoners had practiced this time because they weren't half bad.

Boomer had surgery yesterday. He is absolutely the saddest thing ever, but his hernia is gone. I am also out the equivalent of roughly a month's rent, but I love my dog so it's okay.

Tomorrow is the Fall festival at my school. It is going to be super fun. Also, it's nice to not be teaching for 2 hours tomorrow. One of my students and I are in a battle of wills. He tells me I don't know about 100 times while I say "The short sound for a is aaaa, say aaaa" I keep trying to tell him that you can't say "I don't know" when I tell you to do something, only when I ask. All I know is, I'm the most stubborn person I know, and that includes you, Buster. I will win and you will learn something, so just keep on wasting your energy.

No comments: