Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Update




Elizabeth says we don't update enough, so I'm updating, but you'll be sorry.

I've been working in the delta A LOT. I am really proud of my team though, because we now have 30 surveys completed and inputed! This is a critical mass (and I don't mean a dual-bladed weapon to stab intruders with). That's about a 50 % response rate so far, and we're not done yet.

They were talking about Madam Bovary on NPR today. I've never read it, but have resolved to. I think I might be her, this person looking for something and not finding it, so in turn sensationalizing the normalacy she experiences in hopes that it will materialize. I think that's me.

David and I have been playing a lot of scrabble when he's home (observe the sensationalization). Here is a picture of a word he tried to play. I let him have the points for creativity.

St. Patricks day was SO MUCH FUN. Why don't we do that more often, but maybe without the piney-eye -burny firewood.

I'm having lunch with the former President of Brazil on Friday,
President Cardoso. This will be crazy. Brazil has done a lot to improve their child labor situation, so it should be interesting. They pay parents to send thier kids to school, so they aren't missing thier child's income.

My sister keeps going in and out of labor. She should have little Isabel Joe by the end of the week. I can't wait to meet her. I'll be in Siloam for the most part next week. I'll try to update before I get back.

Last but not least, what is up with this?

4 comments:

Leah Billings said...

Good post. The first picture made me want some candy. Also, I've had Madame Bovary on my bookshelf for about six years and have yet to crack it open. Someday though, someday.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Ohhhh I don't have anything to talk about... I'm Chandle & have lunch with the FORMER PRESIDENT OF BRAZIL, and I'm in one of the most interesting grad school programs EVER, headed by the best former president ever!
Hush it, Chandle. You're hilarious and I love you. I was simply posting an amusing Toothpaste for Dinner, not making commentary on your updatage. :)
Seriously. Love love love my Chandle and I can't wait to see Izzy Joe either. Devors make cute babies. Or PJ does, cause she's the only one yet...
Longest.comment.ever. My bad.

Chandle said...

I like the long ones! I like all of them. I love love love you too. Also, thank GOD the others have not made babies.

Anonymous said...

i was listening to the madame bovary thing, too!!!!!! i must read that book.