Wednesday, February 04, 2009

This could be you


My kids are having a rough time this semester. I do what I can, but the ugly truth is that kids, in general, are mean. If I catch another student calling one of my student's stupid, dumb, retarded or otherwise, that student better run because there will be hell to pay. Unfortunately, I don't always catch them. In a last effort to encourage my kids despite teasing I have posted in my class the following "most horrible picture ever" of a very awkward, tall, frizzy haired, 9 year-old Mrs. Carpenter surrounded by her remarkably small friends. This says, I promise, life will get better when you get a little older, or if anything, at least you weren't as weird looking as Mrs. Carpenter.

4 comments:

katandkarl said...

tee hee. i love it.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure I've ever actually seen this picture--despite having heard about it (and, subsequently, imagined it) many, many times. Made my day!

Christin said...

i love chandle!

Elizabeth Spann said...

I feel I have to tell you that your picture completely made my day. I clicked on your blog and immediately starting giggling. Out loud. In my office.
And I feel I must tell you that all those little girls had their growth spurts sooner or later.
And that your hair was rockin.
And that I love you dearly. ;)