Tuesday, September 30, 2008

M.I.A. ( you know you love that song)


Sorry I've been out for so long. My life has been taken over with IEPs and meetings and sinus infections. I went to the doctor yesterday and got a big ol' shot that made me feel well enough to come to work today. I actually slept 16 hours on Friday night. I know, impressive. Besides work and school, nothing has been happening in Baton Rouge. I did make some amazing muffins the other day though. Here's the link to the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Muffins-with-a-Crunch/Detail.aspx

Also, we watched the saddest movie I've ever seen, Snow Angels. It was so sad, I needed a hug for about an hour afterwards. Even sadder than Mystic River.

I bought an Educators for Obama Shirt!

The vice presidential debate is Thursday. (let's all admit this will be the awesome one)

I am finally getting a handle on this whole teaching thing. I started this plan where I give 10 Scotlandville bucks on Mondays, and I take away a buck for a bad choice, and I give a buck when you make a good choice. It is kinda like magic. They're behavior has been 100 times better.

I have officially watched every episode of The Wire, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Lost. P.S. If you haven't watched the Wire it is the greatest television show ever made; you have to watch it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you get for your Scotlandville bucks?

Chandle said...

for 8, you get chips and a coke. For every other dollar, you get 2 minutes of free time.

Nick said...

is the Wire even better than West Wing? I may have to check it out if it is.