Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Another one bites the dust




So, my life is kinda in a stand still. Most of the time I get up early go "running (trying to kill myself by juggling all my insides around), get things organized for Monday, and end up in my pajamas by 7pm. No owls have attacked me; I have attended no parties; I cannot go camping. However, David, as punishment for never checking my blog, has done something worth noting recently.
So a couple of nights ago, the kids at the sculpture park went out for a few drinks. They were playing pool and managed to piss off some locals who don't like to share pool tables. After a few snide comments, one of them dares David to eat a habanero pepper. Now, for you conwidians, you might remember when David and Jeremy dared me to eat a habanero pepper. The only hotter thing on this earth is actual fire and maybe battery acid. Why anyone thought it would be a good idea to eat these things is beyond me. I ended up in the bathroom crying for help in between bouts of running a cold faucet over my tongue for 30 minutes. When the 10 dollars that was promised me was denied, Jeremy was forced to eat one. This spectacle was the only time I have ever seen Jeremy Spann cry. It went something like this.."Help........gargle, swish, choke.........HELP, PLEASE, HELP" I felt the thing move its way along my digestive system for 2 days due to the fact that it was literally burning an actual HOLE in my intestines. Apparently David forgot this, or you know, thought we were just exaggerating. He ate one, and later ended up in the parking lot, and due to the effects of a virtual chemical burn in his mouth and the desperation one feels when there is no relief in site, he ate dirt. That's right, he grabbed a handful of gravel and dirt and ate it. Desperate times call for desperate measures, I hope this has brightened everyone's day. Maybe revealing David's "dirty" little secret will encourage him to actually read these things I so meticulously write and post on the internet.

10 comments:

katandkarl said...

fabulous. hilarious. you make me laugh.

Elizabeth Spann said...

It's definitely a good David story, maybe not the best. We could fill this whole blog up with stories like that about David. Ha, ha.
PS- I ate a little bit of a habanero pepper at work, and I didn't think it was so bad!
Just kidding. It is fire. I remember when you both had to resort to drinking milk out of the jug to make it all better.

Unknown said...

"yeah, i'd like to order a grilled cheese sandwich with cheese. And instead of the side of hashbrowns, can i get a grilled cheese sandwich?"
all i'm sayin is, get that man a grilled cheese sandwich

Elizabeth Spann said...

I forgot about that!

Chandle said...

What are you talking about?

Leah Billings said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leah Billings said...

It was freshman year Chandle, before your time, and man was it funny. I believe that was the evening that Brooke spit out a big mouthful of grits at the table too!

Unknown said...

i'm not sure if that was the same night...there were so many waffle house nights...i think the grits night involved mark, meredith, and micah as well, and i don't remember them being there for the grilled cheese incident.

Elizabeth Spann said...

They were definitely there. It was one of the nights with the snow/ice that we BARELY made it to Waffle House. Why we decided to get out... who knows?? But a LOT of funny things happened. Wish we knew you then, Chandle. :)

Anonymous said...

Remember when you loved Jesus? He does.